North Buxton Street and West Girard Avenue
There have been 25 trees identified, and a walking tour mapped throughout the park. Take an hour or two and:
- Discover the tree that is possibly Iowa’s largest for its species.
- Find the rare conifer that loses its foliage every fall.
- Get ideas for trees that would look good in your own yard.
- Learn about the historic uses of the trees’ bark and wood.
- See a living example of the Kousa Dogwood, one of our Adopt-a-Tree offerings this year.
Buxton Park Arboretum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media