Forest Park Museum and Arboretum
Forest Park Museum and Arboretum was originally developed in the 1940's by Eugene Hastie, a farmer, local historian and author. The arboretum was planted in straight lines to allow farming between the rows of growing trees.
Since the original purchase of the 5-acre park in 1966, the Dallas County Conservation Board has added 12 acres of re-established prairie and wildflowers. There is a mowed walking trail that perimeters the prairie. The arboretum consists of over 100 different species of primarily native trees and shrubs.
Forest Park Museum and Arboretum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media